On balmy days of summer, a young man’s thoughts naturally turn to one thing – healthy salad. The downside is that many shop-bought salads can underwhelm in terms of size and overwhelm in price. You can sidestep both issues by whipping up a salad at home to take to work the next day. Coach enlisted Alexis Oladipo, founder of Gym Bites, to help with a simple salad recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 100g baby spinach
- 80g rocket leaves
- 1 packet of mozzarella
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tsp of sesame seed oil
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1/4 cup of macadamia oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to gas mark 7 (220°C/200°C fan).
- Rinse chicken breasts. Season with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or frying pan with 1 tsp of sesame seed oil and add chicken. Grill for four minutes on each side till browned.
- Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Scoop pesto into a bowl, squeeze in lemon juice, add macadamia oil, salt and pepper, crushed garlic cloves, water and whisk together.
- Add the leaves, sliced cucumber, avocados, tomatoes and mozzarella, then toss in the dressing.
- Serve salad as a bed and slice the chicken breast on top.